Wednesday 14 March 2012

First Days in Copan...

Welcome to my FIRST EVER blog post!

As many of you know, after a one week delay due to illness, I recently made the journey from Abbotsford, BC to Copan Ruinas, Honduras. Today is my third full day living in Copan and so far I am loving it! To explain a bit about why I am here and what I am doing, I am volunteering with an after school program for kids in the Copan area through Urban Promise Honduras, and am also teaching piano through Genesis School of the Arts. I am excited to be here and continue working with kids, learn more about Honduran culture, practise Spanish, and see how God can use me here and what He is going to teach me.

This post is going to be brief, but here are a few of the highlights thus far:

- Waiting in a hot bus stuck in traffic for 30 minutes because the engine suddenly stopped.
-  The feeling of relief when a new bus came to pick us up from the broken down bus to take us to the bus that would take us to Copan.
- Meeting lots of new people who I will be living and working with while here in Copan.
- Walking everywhere on cobblestone streets!
- Palm trees everywhere!
- The fact that it is WARM and SUNNY here and the forecast is for snow in Abbotsford. Words cannot express my deep love for summer.

There is my update. Today I will be starting to take Spanish classes, and will also be going to the after school camp where I will be helping out from now on. And tomorrow will be my first day of teaching a full day of piano lessons.

Pictures will come sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kristin! You made a blog!! I like your background, good work :)
    Sounds like an eventful start, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristin

    I am so happy to keep up with your adventures via your blog and have enjoyed the pictures and highlights.
    Prayed so much you would arrive safely and am so happy for you.
    Your blog fan
    Auntie Debby

    ReplyDelete